What I'm Reading Right Now:

What I'm currently Reading:

Fevre Dream - George RR Martin
Moon Over Soho - Ben Aaronovitch
Ravenheart - David Gemmell
Prisoner of the Iron Tower (Book II) - Sarah Ash

Monday, June 25, 2012

Review: Wolf Moon - Charles De Lint

Rating: 3
Husband: liked it
Got it: Second Hand Bookstore
Price: $1.25
Finished: Last month

Synopsys:
His name when he was human was Kern. Now he is the most feared of beings: a werewolf. When the change first came upon him, his parents drove him away with silver daggers. Later, he sought human companionship, but he could not hide the truth for long. And so he kept running until he ran headlong into the deadliest pursuer of all-a harper bent on stealing his life away. By chance Kern was able to find refuge at the Inn of the Yellow Tinker, and the woman he was destined to love. But can he risk both human and harper vengeance to keep her?


Review:
"The Inn of the Yellow Tinker", if that doesn't make you want to find a chair to curl up in with a cuppa tea and read this book, then I don't know what would! 
This is an old book by Charles De Lint, and (if you believe the interwebs) not an easy one to find, so I'm glad that it caught my eye while I was cruising the second hand bookstore.
It was an easy read, flowing style, and a wonderful plot. By todays standards, I would almost classify it as a "longish" short story.  If course, I really enjoy diving into a giant brick of a book, like Patrick Rothfuss writes.
The story was charming and the characters were red-cheeked wholesome farmers. The antagonist was an interesting fellow, and I liked that more was reviled about him through the story.  Great Stuff.
Definatley seek this little story out if you see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment