What I'm Reading Right Now:

What I'm currently Reading:

Fevre Dream - George RR Martin
Moon Over Soho - Ben Aaronovitch
Ravenheart - David Gemmell
Prisoner of the Iron Tower (Book II) - Sarah Ash

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Review: The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger - Stephen King

Rating: 4
Husband: loved it
Found it: SHBS
Price: $1.50
Finished it: early 2012

Synopsys:
It tells the story of the gunslinger, Roland of Gilead, and his quest to catch the man in black, the first of many steps towards his ultimate destination - the Dark Tower.

Review: 
I had read these story when I was much younger and had really forgotten what it was all about and never did complete the series, which I am in the middle of now.  Stephen Kings writing in this is gritty, dirty, and desperate. I can taste the sand between my teeth while reading this.

If the first line in this book doesn't just grab you by the neck and make you want to read more, I don't know what will.

"The man in black fled accross the desert, and the Gunsligner followed".

Fraking beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment